Compounding; the benefits
Where customers using masterbatch have to dose and distribute colour accurately throughout production, those using our compounded materials move ownership of this process to us. This is particularly beneficial for highly colour critical applications or where challenges in distributing colour with masterbatch are encountered during production. As plastic compounds contain the complete material required for moulding, they also provide a practical solution for moulders who are not blessed with state-of-the-art dosing equipment.
We’ve worked with a number of customers to deliver custom compounds in response to specific requirements. Our Special Project Team review any niche enquiries and work with our technicians to explore solutions. We continue to look into developing new additive compounds and masterbatches including blowing agents, desiccants and anti-blocks. Our brand new laboratory and expanded technical team have improved our R&D capacity – perfect for efficient development and testing of bespoke materials.
Our stocked masterbatch range offers 122 colours and the flexibility of a universal carrier system – if you need a compound quickly, we can compound any of these colours in practically any material you wish. Please call our friendly team for more information on compatibility and pricing. We can also provide a toll compounding service to process customer-supplied materials, as well as offering call-off and consignment services.
As with all our products, our compounds are manufactured under tight quality control measures. This guarantees homogeneously blended materials which our customers are benefitting from in increasing volumes.
Why use our compounds?
• Easy to use – no need to dose and distribute colour
• Additives and effects can be incorporated
• Bespoke solutions for niche customer requirements
• Fast turnarounds and competitive prices
• Improves colour consistency, beneficial for:
– highly colour critical applications
– achieving certain special finishes such as pearls
– filled polymers where colour can be hard to disperse
• Flexible solutions to meet a variety of needs;
– low minimum order quantity of just 25kg
– call off and consignment stock services
– toll compounding service available
– variety of polymer options, including 100% PCR