Compounding; the benefits
If you experience inconsistencies when colouring with masterbatch then Broadway’s custom compounds can offer you the solution. We’re able to run PCR (recycled plastic) compounds to assist customers in meeting their sustainability goals. We manufacture colour, additive or combined compounds, with a wide choice of polymers. Where some compounders will use an external colour house for their colour formulations, we offer complete colour control by managing the entire process in house.
Whilst customers using masterbatch have to dose and distribute their colours accurately throughout production, those using our compounded materials move ownership of this process to us. This is particularly beneficial for lighter tints, certain special effects, highly colour critical applications (such as automotive parts), or where challenges in distributing colour with masterbatch are encountered during production. This can be the case with complex mouldings or when using filled materials, engineering polymers and flame retardants. As plastic compounds contain the complete material required for moulding, they also provide a practical solution for manufacturers who don’t have access to state-of-the-art dosing equipment.
If you’re already using plastic compounds then please speak to our friendly team about your material requirements. Once we understand your specific needs, we’re always happy to provide you with a no obligation quotation for your custom compounds. You can take advantage of our free colour matching service and we can supply free samples for line trials. Even if you’re happy with the price and service from your current supplier, it’s prudent to have a secondary materials supplier on hand. If you ever encounter difficulties with your supply then having an approved material elsewhere gives you flexibility and an immediate solution. Our large warehouse offers the facility for finished goods to be held in stock. By taking advantage of our call-off service you can buy in large volumes to make further savings and ensure your materials are available exactly when you need them.
We can compound the following polymers: HDPE, LDPE, PPCO, PPHO, PET, ABS, HIPS, PBT, GPPS, PA, SAN, PETG, TPU, PLA, PMMA, PC/ABS, ASA. Our capabilities are continually expanding, so it’s always worth getting in touch if you do have other requirements. As with all our products, our compounds are manufactured under tight quality control measures. This guarantees homogeneously blended materials which our customers are benefitting from in increasing volumes.
We’ve worked with a number of customers to deliver custom compounds for specific requirements. Our Special Project Team review any niche enquiries and work with our technicians to explore solutions. We always take a flexible approach and work with each customer in a way that suits them. We continue to develop new additive compounds and masterbatches. Our new laboratory and expanded technical team have improved our R&D capacity, facilitating the efficient development and testing of bespoke materials.
Our stocked masterbatch range offers 122 colours and the flexibility of a universal carrier system, so if you need a colour compound quickly, we can compound any of these colours in the material of your choice. Please call our friendly team for more information on compatibility and pricing. We also provide a toll compounding service to process customer-supplied materials.
When purchasing compounds from Broadway, our customers should know to expect the same efficiency, value, attentive service and colour accuracy that we deliver when providing masterbatches.
Why use our custom compounds?
Ease of use
- No need to dose and distribute colour during production
- No need to side feed additives or other constituents
- No need to purchase polymer and a masterbatch separately
- Reduce downtime and waste by avoiding colouring issues
- Beneficial for highly colour critical applications and lighter tints
- Useful for large or complex mouldings
- Improves colour consistency in filled materials
- Can help achieve special finishes such as mottles and pearls
- Available in any colour, to meet custom requirements
- Utilise special effects from our impressive portfolio
- Include performance enhancing additives from our growing range
- Select from a wide variety of base polymers – in virgin or PCR material
- Source and supply your own polymer for us to compound if preferred
- Low minimum order quantity of just 25kg
- Competitive prices
- Fast turnarounds – orders can be dispatched within just one week
- Call-off and consignment stock services available
- Entire process managed in house ensuring colour accuracy
- Experts in regulatory compliance for plastics
- Toll compounding service also available (issue all your own materials)
- Knowledgeable, friendly team delivering great customer service
- Over 25 years experience in developing customised plastic materials