If you experience inconsistencies when colouring with masterbatch then Broadway Colours’ compounds can offer you the solution. We’re able to run PCR-based compounds to assist customers in meeting sustainability goals and with a minimum order quantity of just 25kg, we cater for a variety of needs.
Where customers using masterbatch have to dose and distribute colour accurately throughout production, customers using our compounded materials move ownership of this process to us. This can be particularly beneficial where colour consistency is vital or where challenges in production are encountered.
Our compounds are manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility under tight quality control measures. This guarantees an homogeneously blended material that our customers are benefitting from in increasing volumes.
Why use our compounds?
• Ease of use – no need to dose and distribute colour during production
• Responsibility for colour control and consistency sits with us
• Beneficial for highly colour critical work and lighter tints
• Improves consistency in filled materials that can be difficult to colour
• Useful for achieving certain special finishes such as mottle effects
• Minimum order quantity of just 25kg
• Fast turnarounds of under one week achievable
• Available in virtually any colour or effect
• Manufactured with a variety of base polymers
• Can be combined with our range of performance additives
• Toll compounding service for customer supplied materials
• Call off and consignment stock services to support your supply chain
All compounds produced by Broadway Colours (Using stocked base materials)…
- Are free from heavy metals and are fully Euro Food and Toy Contact approved
- Can be turned around within 3-5 working days
- Go through a rigorous QC procedure to ensure quality and consistency
- Can be custom matched free of charge and turned around within 3 working days
Need A Colour Compound Fast?
Broadway Colours stock a Universal Colour range that is suitable for a wide range of materials.
With 122 colours to choose from, and the flexibility of a universal carrier system, we can compound any of these colours in practically any material you wish with short lead-times. Please call our office and speak to one of our friendly staff for more information on compatibility and pricing.
Functional Additives & Processing
We can offer anything from UV protection to release agents and antistatic additives.
Our additives are designed to help with more efficient production or to offer improved functionality to your products. Our additives can be supplied compounded into natural polymer, or incorporated into a colour for a cost effective solution.
So What Do Compounds Offer?
Compounds produced by Broadway Colours, are made using the latest in colour technology. Coupled with state of the art extrusion and laboratory equipment.
With some engineering polymers, masterbatch does not disperse properly leaving streaks or specks in the products surface. As compounds are pre-dispersed, this problem is eliminated, making compounding essential in some situations.
Similarly with effects, particularly pearl effects, flow lines are sometimes visible when masterbatch is used for injection moulding. This is caused by the pearl particle moving at different speeds as the material flows around the mould. The slower particles settle quicker leaving what appears to be a line of pigment. When used as a compound, all the particles are evenly distributed, virtually eliminating any flow lines.
Compounds can be easier to use when moulding in small quantities. There is no dosing involved, as the compound goes straight into the feeder for the machine. This means you have less wastage and a more consistent small batch.
Technical mouldings can be quite intricate and require a high melt flow in order to get the finer details. Because compounds do not rely on the carrier system of a masterbatch, they are much easier to get up to operational temperatures. Again because there is no mixing involved, the process is faster, with fewer rejections and ultimately more efficient.