TECHNICAL R&D ASSISTANT
Due to continued expansion we have a vacancy in our laboratory for a Technical R&D Assistant.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be required to work on R&D projects in both the Masterbatch and Rotational Moulding Markets including:
• Developing new products, carrying out testing on current products, assessing new or alternative raw materials to be used in production.
• Organise daily laboratory works and maintain the equipment and machines.
• Investigation and analysis, including corresponding on customer support activities.
• Sampling compounded formulations based on customer’s request, preparing samples, processing and evaluations.
• Carrying out and setting up Lab Tests, such as mechanical testing, Light fastness testing and pigments/ additive testing to make sure the product is fit for purpose
Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as you would be required to communicate with Staff internally, and customers to help solve issues that arise. The Ideal candidate should Ideally educated to a Degree level in a relevant discipline with a passion to work in a progressive and changing industry that has good opportunities for growth in the future.
Experience would be beneficial but we would be happy to consider individuals who are driven to succeed in their plastics career. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to take the first step in their career, with a progressive company that has strong growth aspirations in the future.
In return, the company can offer you:
· Good career & development opportunities
· Training courses deemed to be necessary to improve skills and abilities
· The chance to be part of a fast-growing family-run business
· Competitive rate of pay
· 23 days paid holiday
· Generous company pension scheme
· Company clothing
Please apply in writing, with a copy of your current CV to Joe Maynard using the details below:
Broadway Colours, Beccles Road, Upper Holton, Nr Halesworth, Suffolk, IP19 8NQ
Or send an e- mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org